Thursday, May 24, 2012

Overnight Oats

As much as I love my eggs for breakfast, I decided to switch it up this week and try these overnight oats. I thought this recipe sounded great for summer since you eat the resulting 'breakfast porridge' chilled, and right up my alley with super healthy ingredients like old fashioned oats, greek yogurt, chia seeds, soy milk, and fruit. I loved that I could just throw everything together at night and then have a really tasty, balanced breakfast ready for me in the morning. I've already tried the blueberry maple and apple cinnamon variations, and next I'll probably get creative with dried cranberries and walnuts. I think this is a great option for breakfast on the go or even for a Sunday brunch. The image below is the recipe doubled in 1 larger jar since I didn't have smaller jars. I imagine this would work fine in tupperware or pyrex containers as well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment