Sunday, April 29, 2012

Mini Crustless Quiches

Eggs. I love them. And I usually only take the time to cook them on Saturdays and Sundays. Last week I tried something new. I made mini crustless quiches on Monday that were easy to grab and go for breakfast during the week. I was skeptical about re-heating eggs, but they were actually quite delicious and possibly even tastier after the flavors had a chance to soak in (and tapatio was added.) I went with a Greek theme to utilize my basil plant, and was really happy with the outcome. You can try this recipe with anything you normally like in your eggs. Bacon + cheddar, kale + parmesan, sausage + peppers, etc. I think these mini quiches would also be a great h'orderve for a party, or eaten for dinner with a salad. Enjoy!


Mini Greek Crustless Quiches
  1. 4 whole eggs and 6 whites
  2. 1 tomato chopped (sundried might be better for less liquid)
  3. 1/2 an onion chopped and sauteed with 3 big handfuls of spinach
  4. 8 chopped leaves of fresh basil
  5. 1/2 cup of feta
  6. crushed red pepper to taste
  7. salt and pepper to taste
Mix the eggs really well in bowl, and stir in all the rest of the ingredients. Scoop evenly into greased muffin tins, top with a few black olives, and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350. This recipe yeilded 10 for me.

2 comments:

  1. hiii! i just found your blog and i love it! the layout, everything :) YAY for new reads and being in our 20s!!
    xxo em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Em! Thanks so much for stopping by! Im glad you liked what you found :) Your blog looks awesome too!!

      Delete