Monday, April 9, 2012

Green Chile Chicken and Sauteed Peppers

For a super lean and easy dinner tonight, I made green chile chicken and sauteed peppers with spinach (truth is I add spinach to almost everything I cook.) I had the chicken cooking in the crock pot while I was at work, and while it may have tasted like I slaved in the kitchen all day, the recipe is beyond simple. You ready for this folks?..

1) 1 Jar of green chile salsa
2) 2-4 Chicken breasts (I like organic, free-range)
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours, shred the chicken one hour before serving to mix in the flavor, and enjoy.

For the veggies I just sauteed a few garlic cloves in coconut oil, added 1 red, yellow, and green bell pepper chopped and a few handfuls of spinach and some cilantro and voila! Nutritious dinner that required about 10 minutes of prep. The best part is the leftovers.... which are highly likely to end up in soup, tacos, nachos, a salad, an omelet, etc.. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!






No comments:

Post a Comment