Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Avocado Hair Mask

It's safe to say that here in California we are spoiled with the abundance of delicious avocados we have available Spring through Fall. I have a bag full of this wonderful little fruit ripening on my counter as we speak, so I decided to get creative with an easy moisturizing hair mask. My hair gets especially dry during the summer months when you add the sun, chlorine, and salt water to my poor color treated and regularly heat treated hair. The 3 simple ingredients are essentially just a mix of good fats. Mash them all together and apply to your hair to soak in for 30-60 minutes. After rinsing the result is soft, shiny, and moisturized hair. Give it a shot with these common kitchen staples:
  • 1/2-1 avocado ( I used a whole one since my hair is pretty long)
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I'm going to try coconut oil next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment