Friday, June 8, 2012

Juice Cleanse

Have you tried a juice cleanse? I just completed my second 3 day juice cleanse of 2012 and it went really well! It wasn't about trying to lose weight or anything, but moreso to give my digestive system a break and detach from my (constant) thoughts of food/eating/cooking/grocery shopping. My first time I tried the Kaeng Raeng cleanse, and this last time I tried the Pressed Juicery cleanse. While I appreciated that the Kaeng Raeng cleanse was cost effective, vegan, and they outline that you can enjoy unlimited raw fruits and veggies while detoxing, I had a better experience with the Pressed Juicery cleanse. The Pressed 3 day detox is more expensive than Kaeng Raeng's, but I happen to LOVE their juices, and since they are made with a hydraulic press, the vitamins and minerals from the produce are transferred right from the pulp to the bottle.

Pre-cleanse I was feeling regularly bloated, a little low on energy, and I was dealing with breakouts here and there. While cleansing, I naturally experienced some cravings, but I reminded myself that this one only 3 days of my life and I would survive. Day 1 was hard (more mentally than physically), but during days 2 and 3 I wasn't experiencing hunger pains, my yoga classes felt amazing as my senses were heightened and I became more aware of the movement in my body, I was getting amazing sleep, and feeling like a had a lot of increased creative energy. To be quite honest- I wanted to keep going for 5 days, but at about $50/day I decided it was best to stop at 3. Post cleanse I felt light, my stomach was flat, I wasn't in any rush to eat my favorite comfort foods, and  my skin was glowing. I will definitely be doing another cleanse before the end of the year. Have you tried a cleanse? Would you? Share your thoughts! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment