Monday, August 8, 2011

Melrose Trading Post

Yesterday I spent my morning at the Melrose Trading Post. The event occurs every Sunday from 9-5 on Melrose and Fairfax and is essentially a giant flea market. The roomie and I went in search of fun pieces of furniture that would accent our new place. Unfortunately, I neglected to consider the act of transporting our finds from the flea market to our home (minimal space for furniture in my 4-door car), so we didn't leave with anything we intended to shop for, but we had fun regardless. The high school that the market is held at typically holds over 200 vendors on any given Sunday. We found clothes, jewelry, hats, glasses, antiques, old art, and of course (as is always the case in LA) lots of interesting people. We ate delicious savory crepes from one of the food vendors for lunch and enjoyed a great Summer day in the city I love.






2 comments:

  1. love that blue dresser! such a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun Sam?! There were so many things I wanted to take home with me.

    ReplyDelete