Monday, August 22, 2011

Finishing Touches

This weekend was largely spent hanging things, assembling furniture (or at least I supervised while the man did it) and doing a little more decorating of the apartment. This is a work in progress because in my opinion I think some of the best pieces you can't live without are items you stumble across when you aren't necessarily on the hunt. It's all coming together really nicely as we continue to find balance between functionality and aesthetics. Below are some pictures of a few of the ways my roommate Kate and I have personalized our space and added some sweet elements to our home.

 A leopard rug in the entryway
 Pretty gold candle holders on the patio that sparkle when lit at night
 A glimpse of our 'bar'
 Mirrored shelves in the living room
(willingly assembled and mounted by my awesome guy)
 An elegant piece for the wall that creates romantic lighting in the dining room
NatGeos and my collection of matchbooks on display in an over sized jar
A pillowed bench that will contribute some seating to the dining room table


No comments:

Post a Comment