Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf

Ive always been a huge fan of comfort food. Growing up, meatloaf was undoubtedly one of my favorites. I know meatloaf isn't for everyone, but this recipe is definitely a reoccurring dish in my house because its ridiculously easy, healthy, and filling. I even took it to a Thanksgiving potluck I had with a bunch of friends last year and it went over really well. Paired with some potatoes and green beans or spinach, and you've got yourself a tasty home-cooked meal!

Turkey Meatloaf
  • 1lb lean ground turkey
  • 1 cup grated parmesan
  • 1 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 cup red pasta sauce of your choice (my favorite is Classico's Italian Sausage pasta sauce. The sausage and chunks of bell pepper add a ton of flavor)
  • 1 egg to hold it all together
  • 1 small onion (or half a large) chopped


Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until even throughout, and then press lightly into a loaf pan. Pour another cup of the pasta sauce (or ketchup if you prefer) on top and bake in the oven for an hour (sometimes I add an extra 10 minutes or so) Give it a bit to cool, slice, and enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment