Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beauty Favs

Today is officially the first day of Spring!! The ridiculously rainy weather might not be a great indicator of the change in seasons, but being that this is Los Angeles, I know the sunshine is creeping right around the corner. I want to share some of my beauty favs for Spring, or really any time of year.

  1. Bare Minerals Original SPF Foundation- I've been using this for over 5 years and it has been a great match for my sensitive skin. It's very versatile as far as coverage goes, and never looks cakey or unnatural since the powder form blends a lot better than most liquid foundations, in my opinion.
  2. Nars conceler in Custard- I just purchased this concealer a few weeks ago and I'm really liking it. It blends so easily because although it is a stick concealer, it's pretty creamy. Sometimes if I'm in a rush or don't feel like wearing foundation, I will just use a little of this under my eyes and on spots paired with some bronzer and mascara and it instantly brightens my face and helps me look effortlessly polished.
  3. Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush- I just recently learned that Tarte products are natural, organic, eco-friendly and cruelty free! Good ingredients, and a concern for the environment and animals make it a little less painful to pay $30 for a pretty, flushed look. This product is preservative free, antioxidant rich, and the flattering rosy shade lasts all day.
  4. Too Faced Shadow Insurance- This eye shadow base is very light and works great to prevent creasing and fading pigment. A little bit goes a long way so 1 tube lasts forever.  
  5. Benetint Lip Balm- This is another product with a really feminine rosy shade that can instantly brighten up your look. It's not overly glossy (I'm not a fan of a super shiny lip look) and it is pretty light and hydrating. I love this balm is Spf15 and a great shade so it can be worn alone on sunny days for protection and some color.
  6. Maybelline Colossal Volume Express Mascara- Like most of us have, I've tried dozens of mascaras in search for the perfect one. After finding this one from Maybelline, I've gone through at least 5 consecutive tubes and I've been really content with it! Just one coat leaves my lashes looking really full, thick and long without looking clumpy. Im sure it has a lot to do with the wand, but either way, I'm relieved to have found such a great mascara availiable for less than $8 at drugstores.
I would love to hear your feedback if you try these items, and feel free to let me know what your beauty favs are too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment