Sunday, July 17, 2011

Gratitude

As I'm preparing for a new beginning in a new place, I'm feeling the need to express my sincere gratitude for the life I've had and the people and things that I've been blessed with in the home that I am leaving. Though there have been many times that I have taken it for granted, or even been resentful of still living in the 'nest' with my Mom, I am now reminded of so many things that I am thankful for.
  • a beautiful home that has hosted countless parties and celebrations with family, friends, and loved ones passed.
  • a place where I have transitioned and grown and learned to embody so many of the roles in my life; daughter, sister, friend, girlfriend, student, catholic, saleswoman, traveler, adventure enthusiast, happiness seeker, etc.
  • the house where so many delicious meals have been enjoyed, and the place where I learned to bake and cook and take interest in the ingredients that I consume to nourish my body
  • safe keeper of many beloved pets and precious belongings
  • a warm place that has provided shelter through sickness, hardship, or loss.
  • the home where countless memories will always be held
I could go on, but you get the idea. I suppose I'm feeling especially sentimental because now that I'm leaving, my Mom seems to be pretty serious about selling the house and downsizing. I'm trying to stay positive on the matter, although I must admit that I've hoped I'd never have to part with our beautiful house for good. Below are a few shots of some of flowers and produce currently making great progress in the backyard.


 Lilys
 Baby Bell Peppers
 Baby Zucchini
 More Lilys
Tomatoes


No comments:

Post a Comment