Saturday, July 9, 2011

Current Obsession

As you may have noticed, I love food. But I also love trying to put the right things in my body so I feel healthy and at my best. This week, I replaced my morning coffee (which is often really strong and leaves me feeling a bit jittery and anxious by mid-morning) with a veggie/fruit smoothie! I'm loving it because it's actually super tasty, really refreshing with the current heat, and very easy to make.

I've been blending spinach, blueberries, a banana, 1 Tbs. of ground flax seed, vanilla soy milk and ice. I found the recipe here. Supposedly drinking this deliciousness regularly has great effects on the hair, skin, and nails.. which makes sense because flax seed is loaded with Omegas 3, 6, and 9, and blueberries and spinach are both superfoods that are loaded with antioxidants.

It takes minutes to whip up this tasty treat, and I feel great knowing that I'm starting my day off right with some fruits and veggies (which makes me feel better about my sometimes not-so-healthy lunches and dinners that come later.)  See the finished product below. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

1 comment: