Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Summer (Or Anytime) Jams

I had an urge to compile a summer playlist, but then as I got to itemizing, I realized that these might not be what you'd expect for your typical summer 'jams.' Some are old, and some are new but I figured since summer is right around the corner and these are artists and songs that I'm currently loving, it's my own mix of current favs.
  • Cold War Kids- "Louder than Ever"
  • Slightly Stoopid- "Above the Clouds"
  • Local Natives- "Airplanes"
  • Foster the People- "Pumped up Kicks"
  • Lykke Li- "Get Some"
  • 311- "Ill Be Here Awhile"
  • Ray LaMontagne- "You Are the Best Thing"
  • Florence + the Machine- "Hospital Beds"
    • Seeing her at the Greek on Monday!!! So excited
  • Bon Iver- "Skinny Love"
  • Rolling Stones-"Gimme Shelter"
  • Miike Snow- "Black & Blue"
  • Radiohead- "Lotus Flower"
  • Neil Young- "Heart of Gold"
  • Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina- "Stereo Love"
    • The first time I heard this song was last summer in Europe, so naturally it just hits me with a wave of blissful nostalgia every time
  • Kaskade-"4 AM"
  • Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros- "Home"
  • The xx- "Crystalised"
I could easily keep going, but I think I'll stop there and perhaps continue with playlists as a reoccurring post now and then.

*Quick Note- I just want to apologize for being a little less frequent with my posts lately. I have been apartment shopping and ad surfing with most of my free time lately, but will hopefully be settled into a new place July 1st. More details to come as they unfold! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment