Monday, January 30, 2012

Cajun Sauteed Shrimp

Last night I made this awesome recipe and served it over basmati rice. It has already earned a spot in my arsenal of favorites due to the easy prep, loads of flavor, and low fat content (you've probably noticed by now that these factors apply to most of the recipes I share on my blog.) Next time I might consider adding a little more garlic powder, and possibly a little white wine or tomato sauce while sauteing to add some more liquid to the dish. I used coconut oil to saute since I didn't have vegetable oil.

I was especially excited to make this shrimp because it called for almost half of the spices in my awesome new spice rack!  My sweet sister and her boyfriend made me a magnetic one for Christmas since they know I don't have a whole lot of counter space in my apartment. It's so cool! My sister picked out "Tiffany blue" magnetic containers from Cost Plus, and had them filled with organic spices at a local shop where she lives. Her boyfriend hammered the edges of a piece of sheet metal that now hangs happily in my kitchen. I think it's genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment