Monday, October 10, 2011

Fitness

It occurred to me recently that here on my blog I rarely ever discuss something that I consider a significant element of my lifestyle. Fitness. I've been pretty active since I ran track in high school, but after college I found that I had a lot more time to make exercise more of a priority. The last few months I've been doing a combination of kickboxing and yoga 4-5 times a week and I've been feeling amazing. The intensity of the kickboxing has also motivated me to clean up my diet a bit because I notice a huge difference in my energy level and ability to keep up with the fast paced, high impact classes when I have better fuel in my system.

The yoga is of course a slower paced routine that provides flexibility, strength, and a number of other physical benefits, but it also gives me mental clarity. At the beginning of every class we set an intention; either something we want to work to improve and motivate us through the class, or something we want to let go of that is effecting our lives. Another huge benefit of the classes is the fact that they are heated 95-105 degrees so we sweat out all kinds of toxins that do damage to our bodies over time.

I'm going to try to incorporate fitness and exercise into more of my posts because most people who know me well know that when I have free time, exercising is something I really enjoy. What are your favorite/most beneficial forms of exercise?



photos via

No comments:

Post a Comment