Saturday, May 14, 2011

Abundant Harvest Organics

Recently, a friend told me about a local service that works with farmers from the central coast of California to deliver fresh, seasonal, organic produce to the cities nearby. Each city has a drop-off location where all the members of the service go to pick up their weekly delivery. I decided to sign my Mom up this year for Mothers day because the idea seems like a great way to support local farms and always have delicious, seasonal, organic fruits and veggies on hand. I've opted to start with a delivery once a month to start, but will most likely be increasing to bi-monthly or weekly in no time. Today, I picked up our first box of goodies and I am so thrilled with my new membership already! Our re-usable box (provided by Abundant Harvest) was filled with cherries, strawberries, bell peppers, potatoes, kale, basil, lettuce, snap peas, and 'apriums'. I'm excited to be supporting local farmers for a great price, and to always have awesome seasonal produce in the kitchen. I figure this will be a great way to have a little more incentive to get creative with my cooking since I will always have a variety of ingredients to work with. These week I'm looking forward to stuffed bell peppers, Stir fry (with the snap peas), summer salads, and a steak and potato dinner. I highly recommend Abundant Harvest and look forward to sharing new recipes soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment